Saturday, January 26, 2013

DIY Egg Maracas



My son loves to sing and dance to his favorite "Wiggles" CD all of the time at home. I wanted to create an instrument for him to play with while he listened and danced to the CD. I came up with these DIY maracas.

I found inexpensive, large, see through plastic eggs at Michaels craft store and they were perfect for making maracas. This DIY project reminds me of making sensory bottles. They were so much fun to make! Simply fill the eggs with sparkly, colorful, noisy items that would be exciting to watch being shaken around.

Here is what I used to fill the egg maracas:
Rice
Mini pom poms
Sequins
Mini alphabet beads
Glitter
Colorful beads
Rhinestones

This is a fun DIY project that you can create with your children. I learned that it is so important to seal the eggs with a glue gun to avoid spills and cracks, especially when using these with toddlers.

Taking the time to shut off the television and enjoy music is such a great activity during the day. Turn up the music up and shake, shake, shake!

-Deborah

2 comments: