Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pattern Activity - Use Mini Erasers

 
Learning patterns can be so much fun with these mini erasers! My son loves anything that has to do with transportation so I bought these adorable mini erasers at the Dollar Tree. I wrote down different patterns on a piece of construction paper (AB, ABC, AAB) and showed my son how to create these patterns using the erasers. This is an advanced skill for my son but it still is a great introduction to patterns. The boat, car, train, and airplane erasers held his interest on this activity. It is so much fun and inexpensive to create simple learning activities that incorporate his favorite play items.
 
-Deborah

6 comments:

  1. So cute, I like the mini erasers! When Anna gets older I want to try this...maybe they will have some cute flower erasers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way to use those erasers! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! My 3 year old would love this idea.

    Thanks for linking up with Tender Moments with Toddlers & Preschoolers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for visiting my blog! So glad you like the idea and can use it with your child(ren). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah what a lovely idea. My son and I have started looking at patterns, I might pinch this idea!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Tots. I've featured this post on Learn with Play at home this week :) http://www.learnwithplayathome.com/2013/04/activities-for-learning-shapes-and.html

    ReplyDelete